Google

Friday, April 23, 2004

the first day of the rest of my life...

TODAY.

for the first time since i can remember, i woke up feeling happy. but more than that, i was GRATEFUL. for life, for family, for friends. for everything that's happened and everything that will happen to me. it was an altogether different sensation. i woke up thanking the lord for putting me where i am, for making me who i am, for giving me what i have. even as i type i have this irrepressable smile on my face. it's this feeling of overflowing joy, that you know everything is going to be all right in your life. that you are in the exact perfect place at the exact perfect time. because you were designed by a perfect god.

i don't know what it is that made me feel this way. if anything, i should be sleepy and cranky, because i slept at 3am. with my left arm in a sling, which i can say is not the most comfortable position in the world. i woke up around 7am, i wanted to go back to sleep but i can't. maybe because i was overwhelmed by this very unusual feeling. pleasant, but unusual.

those who know me know that i am not one to wake up smiling and grateful and well, just downright happy. most days i just wake up, not really conscious of what i feel. neutral. many of you may understand what i mean... it's like you just wake up and go through the motions of life. but today was different. today i experienced the magic of being alive. and i'm loving it.

there's no real reason why i'm writing this. i'm just effusively positive today that i HAVE to share this feeling. it's like when you first hear good news, like you're going to become an aunt in eight months, or when you just got a raise. you just HAVE to tell someone. and today, i just have to tell everyone that i feel blessed. that i have been given a great gift. the gift of TODAY.

(and just for the record, NO, i am NOT in love!) i am just someone who loves the lord, and everything he's done for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home