Google

Friday, July 30, 2004

the price of human kindness

3:45pm. i was walking to my car, rushing because of the time and the per hour parking charges.

from my left, an old lady came up to me and said "excuse me, ma'am." she was with a little boy of about eight. he was wearing some sort of school uniform, the standard white polo shirt and brown shorts.

in my rush i didn't notice her and i didn't realize she was speaking to me until i had passed her by.

i looked back and i thought, i was just mean to an old lady who had an eight-year old boy in tow. and they looked lost. i wanted to turn back, but the pressure of another 10 pesos was pulling me towards the parking lot.

i told myself i'll get back to them after i moved my car. but i knew they wouldn't be there anymore.

i walked to the parking lot knowing i sold my values for ten bucks. and i prayed that god would forgive me for being so selfish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home