Google

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

a bug's life



my boss is being a bug. he has been a major pain these past few days. and today, he chose to pick on me. woohoo. of course, being the hardliner that i am, i won't let him talk me down. so i supplied him with level-headed, logical answers to his out-of-line comments. and i think my strong attitude gets on his nerves and fires him up even more. he hates being wrong. nay, he is NEVER wrong (he thinks he's infalliable like god), so when someone says something that suggests the contrary, his temper flares. what a very down-to-earth, respectable boss i have. oh, and did i mention what i think of his maturity level?

amazingly, though, i didn't get upset. i just let his irrational comments slide off my back. after a few minutes i even found it quite amusing. he has no idea what he's talking about. it's just his pride talking, actually. so i sit and do my work with a self-satisfied smirk on my face. actually, it wasn't even a smug look... it was just genuine amusement. i found it funny that he gets so worked up over my "errors" and "inefficiency" when in fact it's his instructions that makes things complicated. there's only one word i can use in these situations. one word which i wish i can say to his face. DURR.

i just hope i don't turn out like he did. or i might as well just quit right now. would rather be amused at stressful situations than be stressed.

unfortunately, his weird behavior still manages to irk me. but just a tad. let's hope it stays that way. i don't want to become a bug.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm... interesting... your boss sounds so much like my dad...oh wait.. my boss is MY dad!!

;)

-AS

Thursday, November 18, 2004 2:22:00 pm  
Blogger Wacky Addy said...

am a boss... i hope i'm not like that

Thursday, November 18, 2004 11:38:00 pm  
Blogger super inday said...

hmmm... i wouldn't know. maybe. that's what most people think, anyway. being a genius or an artist gives you the license for eccentric or normally unacceptable behavior. but whether or not my boss is a design genius is altogether another thing.

Friday, November 19, 2004 3:19:00 am  
Blogger Elaine said...

i'm not the boss, but i think i bug my boss the same way. hahaha.... i wonder when will he ever quit. 'coz it's kinda stressful din for me. hahaha!

Friday, November 19, 2004 3:58:00 am  
Blogger Maniniyut said...

seniority syndrome + superiority complex = boss.

it really helps if you're confident and self-secured. di ka affected kahit ano pa negative remarks ibigay sa iyo ng boss mo. My previous boss used to "lecture" me sometimes, kaso I don't even bother to take it personally...because I know I will be better than him when I reach his age. Puro ballpark figures nga lang kaya niya i-estimate eh, kaya kami nalulugi hehehe =)

Friday, November 19, 2004 11:21:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home