Google

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

imitation of life

If my life were a film, I'd say it would resemble "Before Sunset". Short, simple, driven by good conversation. And you're never quite sure how it would end.

It's definitely not a film everyone would enjoy. All the more reason for me to love it. It's the kind of movie that you could appreciate on many different levels, and for many different reasons. Something you'd never get tired of watching over and over again, because the movie would have a different meaning with each time you see it.

If you're the type who stares at the night sky in awe, who appreciates the beauty of a full moon or enjoys the feel of rain on your skin... if you understand how important and beautiful it is to truly connect with another human being in so many ways... this movie is for you.

Or maybe it's just me. Maybe I love this movie because I see myself in Celine. The things she says, the way she acts... even the way Jesse described her is a something that I have called myself a few times. It's quite a surreal experience to see someone in a movie saying things you've said or thought before.

Some movies are great because of the amount of imagination that was put into it. They present ideas which are far from reality, and they take you to different worlds. "Before Sunset" is nothing like that. But it's even more moving because it captures reality inside circumstances which seem unreal. It helps you see what was, what is, and what could be. And it makes you believe that every so often, sprinkled along life's path, you get second chances to discover what might have been.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

While watching that marvelous film, I wanted to jump right into the screen and exist with them. Honestly.

-OrangeCocktail

Thursday, November 11, 2004 12:14:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home