Google

Saturday, January 22, 2005

update

yes yes, i haven't been posting anything substantial lately. blame it on work, and work. so here's what i've been up to, or will be up to in the next few weeks. (read: here are my excuses.)

  1. spent most of my first two weeks designing the set and props for our church's production. will probably spend next few weeks putting the stuff together.
  2. pulled all-nighters to finish working drawings for my previous firm. got sick in the process. the things i do for extra cash.
  3. doing the above, while counting calories. both ingested and burned. courtesy of trackyourdiet.com
  4. third week was mostly real work. went to my boss's house. (not the young boss, the old boss. the one whose name actually appears on office signage and the blueprints.) had to take as-built dimensions and draw up plans. of the whole 3,000 sq m property. on which stands a 1,800 sq m house. that's just the ground floor. fun.
  5. scouted for spanish and german classes. was supposed to start taking them today. (right now, actually.) decided to take them at a later date. stage production will probably take up most of my weekends.
  6. erratically working out at the gym. trying to get endurance up for 10k run, which my track-and-field-buff of a friend got me into. haven't really registered for it yet. still thinking about it. i might not survive 10k. (btw, marathon is on feb 27.)
  7. spending more time reading. currently in the middle of green architecture and the truth behind the da vinci code. the da vinci code sucks, by the way. i agree with this review. (link courtesy of boytakeslife.) more on that some other time.
  8. list of upcoming things, beginning with continuing to remodel my friend's apartment. hopefully things go well, and i'll have more remodelling comissions through her.
  9. aside from language lessons, i am thinking of taking up dressmaking. if it fits into my schedule.
  10. adult conference / retreat during holy week. might or might not go. leaning towards not. want to have an unplanned holiday for a change. because...
  11. i might take an out-of-town trip with my friends in april. just four of us single, unattached, and very attractive girls. yeah!
  12. counselling for the church's youth summer conference. that includes training and seminars in the next few months prior to the conference in late april. i can't believe i got myself into this. me, a counsellor??? yaaaagh!
  13. helping my friend prepare for her wedding in june. which includes my own personal scrapbook project for the couple (ssshhhh... it's a surprise!)

i also have two other weddings to attend this first half of the year. (i just survived the first wedding of the year two weekends ago.) looks like i have my hands full until june. which is just about right, 'cause i'll be leaving in the third quarter of this year. that reminds me, i have to go through my requirements and scholarship applications this first quarter.

it's going to be one heck of a year.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've one word for you... "Whew!"

Thursday, January 27, 2005 10:38:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home