Google

Monday, February 07, 2005

no place for you

there's no place for you in europe.

that's what my dad said after he found out i plan to work there after my graduate degree.

ouch.

it's just like saying you're not good enough.

which he does. almost everyday. not in so many words, but he does.

he's having our new house designed by my previous firm, by my previous boss. not by me, the licensed architect who lives under the same roof and won't charge a single cent for design. but by the firm that paid me beans to do less-than-stimulating deskwork. and he's paying them.

you're just not good enough.

he told me success isn't all about making the grade or graduating magna cum laude or getting second-best thesis. which, all humilty aside, i have done. personally, i know i could have done better. but he doesn't need to know that. besides, it doesn't matter to him.

you're just not good enough.

he tells me what to do with my life. he tells me what i should have done in this or that situation. i have to be smart, i have to be practical, i have to be whatever it is that i'm not. or whatever he thinks i'm not.

you're just not good enough.

and people wonder why i'm such an angry, manic-depressive woman who can't sustain a serious relationship.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

there were times when i resent architecture because i thought i wasnt good enough (not that i have proven anything now...) but now, i always say to myself, no one on this planet would ever understand me nor my capabilities BUT myself...

ask yourself... am i good enough? can i do it?

if the answer is yes... VAMOS! Let's go! Come on!

:)

Wednesday, February 09, 2005 9:36:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home