Google

Friday, June 24, 2005

temporary insomniac



had coffee at 10pm. now i couldn't go to sleep. darn it. was supposed to do some reading, but i couldn't focus. i've updated my planner, trimmed my nails, sorted some notebooks, and now that i have run out of distractions, i turn to my blog. how predictable. but how effective!!! i'm now sleepy. hahaha.

just to recap, i went to the spa with 2 of my high school classmates tonight. the bride (her wedding is next week!) and the bridesmaid i replaced. (she's preggy, and tradition / superstition forbids her to walk down the aisle, etc etc.) ANYway... i got a 30-minute back massage. and for the life of me, my upper back hurts like crazy. i can tell the masseuse had a difficult time with me... i can actually feel all the knots and stiff muscles on my upper back and neck. of course, she'd target the extra tense areas. which are actually the extra painful areas. it actually feels like i had a workout - i am experiencing the kind of muscle pain that results from stretching and tearing your muscles from weight training. the kind that actually feels painfully better when you stretch. but it also feels like my back is bruised. 'cause when i try to massage some of the strain away - OUCH!!! i wonder if it has anything to do with the quick hot shower i took a few minutes after my therapy. (i know, you're not supposed to shower, but i just HATE being all greasy & sticky after a massage! plus, i break out easily.)

the massage was something i was actually looking forward to, since i was uber stressed (and worn-out) these past two weeks. hormonal balance included. unfortunately, i seem to be stressed beyond redemption. because at the end of the massage session, there were still stiff muscles and knots on my upper back. no amount of kneading and rubbing and stretching was able to take away the stiffness. i probably need relaxation therapy more often.

one week until the wedding and i still do not have a solid program. some host i'll turn out to be!!! hopefully, the girls will be able to help me out when we have dinner tomorrow eve.

i do hope my back pain disappears by tomorrow. (well, technically, later today. oh, whatever.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home