Google

Saturday, July 23, 2005

life's a blog



despite my current mood, i still find it in myself to blog. you know you're hooked when...

so many things to blog about, not enough time to blog. in short, i'm getting a life. hahaha.

whenever something significant happens in my life, i start thinking about how to blog it. and i find that uber weird. (and in some ways, sad.) because it means my life revolves around my blog and my readers. oh, good grief.

like that time my best friend from college emailed and said she just got engaged. her boyfriend of seven years (from back in our college days. good golly gee, i feel ANCIENT now.) proposed to her the night before. and how, when i read that mail, i thought, gee, now that's something to blog about. best friend from high school got married, now best friend from college got engaged. hm. looks like i'm finishing last in the marriage race. (not that it's really a contest, but inquisitive aunts keep throwing the "when are you getting married?" line in my general direction.)

or that time i found a potential roommate for my stint in london. well, she found me, after i placed an ad online. and that my parents are nothing short of thrilled because said roomie is - 1. female (duh); 2. born in taiwan, raised in hongkong, studied in california (uc-berkeley, to be exact); 3. going to the same school; 4. as old as their soon-to-be-living-overseas daughter. and how my sister was the perennial wet blanket and asked "do you know anything about her?" (answer to which is, duh, obviously NO.) "or do you know anyone who can do a background check?" (like she's going to turn out to be an axe-weilding mass murderer.) but, as with everything, things are still up in the air. still have kinks to iron out.

or perhaps that day when i found out the british embassy won't process my visa papers until the 12th of september. the day i FLY OUT. (do you see the problem here???) and that my interview is on the 26th, the day CLASSES START. (another problem, no?) and how i was just about ready to rip somebody's head off and was wishing curses down on bureaucrats and ethnocentric caucasians who believe all other races are inferior, and therefore, a liability on their "pristine" but boring shores. also how, appropriately, a friend sent me this message earlier in the morning: may the fleas of a million dogs infest the butt of the person who spoils your day, and may his arms grow too short to scratch his butt. oh, how i wish.

of course, these things keep me too busy to blog about them. then there's also work. and extra work. and now, there's housework. because the maids left today. which calls for a completely different post altogether.

hoo boy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home