Google

Thursday, August 18, 2005

early departure

yes. my exit has been bumped up by four days. i now have 21 days left on this island.

when the announcement was made (obviously, it wasn't my idea) i felt... sad. among other things. because leaving four days earlier meant missing one extra weekend with my friends. stressed, because i have four days less to clean my room, pack my suitcase, and finish my freelance project. sentimental, because the fact that i am leaving is sinking in even faster.

and those feelings lasted all of... twelve hours? maybe fifteen. because the next day, i got myself my lonely planet europe backpacking guide. it's sitting on my night table, still unopened. but the fact that it's there, waiting for me to pore over the pages... it gives me a strange feeling of exhiliration. the thought that i might go backpacking in spain, portugal, and france just makes me excited at leaving earlier.

then there's the prospect of meeting mr right. as my friend / chatmate put it... "you're a guy magnet... i doubt there are many losers in london." oh, we'll just see about that, friend. we will see. at any rate, the thought of meeting new and interesting people always puts me in a better mood.

right now, the biggest problem is the flat and/or the flatmate. getting there earlier should help in that department. so no worries. (not much, anyway.) the lord will provide. he's gotten me this far, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home