Google

Thursday, August 26, 2004

fongi's day off

finally... an extra day to indulge in my whims and hobbies. of course, i had to waste an hour of my time before learning of the office holiday-due-to-bad-weather. small price to pay, i suppose. so instead of a normal workday, i went shopping in makati. (going home immediately would be ridiculous since i was already in the area. all that gas for nothing?!?!) at first i thought i'd chill in a coffee shop and get some more of my reading done (i always have a book with me... yes, yes, i'm a nerd.) but on second thought, i decided to walk all the way from my office to the mall in my black shirt, khaki-colored carpenter pants, and worn-out running shoes. take the makati pedestrian experience. i whipped out my handy digicam and took shots along the six block stretch between state condo and glorietta.


salcedo village skyline on an overcast day


a view inside legaspi park...
you don't get to see this from inside a car


architectural faux pas... stairway to... nowhere

by the time i reached the mall it was just about opening time. perfect. (my feet got sore, by the way. and i was far from dry after that 60-minute trek across the cbd.)

once i got in the mall i made a beeline for the "mommy shops" - places where matrons get their wares. i.e. marks and sparks, rustans, etc. i got my mom a birthday present, but in the process, i bought clothes for myself as well. all this with just a hundred and fifty pesos in my wallet. (aaah, the wonders of plastic swipe cards.) too tired from my three hour walk in the city, i took a cab back to my car (which i left in my parking space over in valero) i got my sister and my a mom milk teas from quickly, then sped home. 25 minutes from legaspi village to timog. if only it were that easy on regular working days...

lunch was unexciting. took a nap afterwards, then went to the gym. still did my cardio on the bike, even though i'm sure my body has had enough of aero exericises from the morning's stint. ended up spending more than two hours working out. making up for lost time. after my weight training, i went to buy a birthday gift for my friend. expenses again. oh well. i'm getting my paycheck next week. hope it's not as disappointing as my first one.

for a whole extra day, i didn't seem to accomplish much... oh, and i made dinner. then i blogged. (duh.) talk about exciting.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wacky Addy said...

"25 minutes from legaspi village to timog." wow! this happens on which day of the week?

just blog hopping. interesting!

Thursday, August 26, 2004 12:42:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home