Google

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

it's raining men

had i known that the tropical monsoon will bring with it such questionable elements, i would have gotten my extra large umbrella.

since july this year i've been having weird run-ins with men. ok, so maybe it started earlier than july, but the abnormalities seem to be picking up lately. let's run down my list of men...
  1. engineer who is already in a relationship (oh, it gets worse)
  2. unmarried (then, at least) father of 5-year old girl (see?!?!)
  3. thirty-year old (somewhat aggressive) fitness trainer
  4. security guard of macea parking lot (who calls me ms beautiful?!?)
  5. ANOTHER fitness trainer (hoo boy...)

i REALLY don't know where these men come from. sometimes i would just be walking along and an unfamiliar male voice would call out "hi," or some security personnel would greet me "good morning, ma'am." (and, for the record, i did NOT initiate eye contact.) truth is, i find it strange. usually men would just gaze past to prettier, sexier women walking behind me. now i get greeted by strangers??? how on earth did i suddenly become pick-up material?!?

as far as i know, the only thing that changed was my weight. so does that mean extra poundage = greater attraction factor? hmmm... might have to rethink that fat-burning program i intend to undertake. (i wonder what the upper limit of my weight gain VS attractiveness factor is, i.e. where they will intersect in a graph. oh man, nerdiness showing through...) could it be that i give off this "come on, hit on me" vibe? i hope not. at any rate, i don't see it (but then again, i can't really observe myself from afar) anyway, going back to our main subject...

yes, the sudden surge of attention is flattering, but still... there is the nagging question of "if i am attracting so many men, how come there is STILL NO DECENT GUY TO CHOOSE FROM?!?!?" answer: there are more eligible women than there are eligible men. (i look at my pool of friends and my theory is proven correct.) and because that (sadly) is the case, i would much rather have a drought than have unlimited manfall. less chances of weirdos catching up with me. statistically speaking, anyway. there is still the loser magnet factor to consider. and given the above male selection, i think it's pretty much established that i AM a loser magnet. unless by some miracle a knight in shining armor comes galloping into my life on his white steed. shyeah, right.


6 Comments:

Blogger mush said...

Hey Fong! I hope you are now all right. :)

Anyway, about girls and guys...hindi lang mas maraming eligible girls kaysa sa guys...mas maraming girls period!:D

Well, I'd like to think of it as you giving off a certain aura that naturally attracts people. Okay lang yun...okay nga yun di ba?:) Let's make the most out of our life...when we are young, attractive, carefree and single! Let them stare...:D

Wednesday, September 15, 2004 5:48:00 pm  
Blogger super inday said...

well, mumty, this may come as a surprise to you, but... the ratio of males to females worldwide is pretty much 1:1. i researched it last night. (nerd!!!) i also thought there were more girls, but then, i was mistaken. there are a lot of incorrect statistics circulating in magazines. (i remember reading that it was 1:5 in metro manila, but that, too, is false.) so my theory still stands: there are more desirable women than thre are desirable men in the world.

Thursday, September 16, 2004 1:45:00 am  
Blogger RT said...

Oh God, and I thought I was the only loser magnet in the world! Haha.

I tell you. My extra meat doesn't make me more attractive. (And this is like emphasized with all the boney, stick-thin girls here in Singapore).

You know what kinds of strangers greet me here?

1. this pinoy who works in IT, who has just no one else to talk to in our condo complex;
2. this old balding indian security guard of our condo; and
3. indian construction workers

Aaaahhh! Why do our beauties attract such beings?!?

Thursday, September 16, 2004 2:02:00 am  
Blogger RT said...

Oh, you might be wondering. It's me, Risha :D

Thursday, September 16, 2004 2:02:00 am  
Blogger Madridista Mac said...

"More eligible women than men"?... ouch!!!!!
"More decent women than men"?..... ouch!!!!!
I find it a curious coincidence that the only ones who agree with that all happen to be women as well...

Thursday, September 16, 2004 7:31:00 am  
Blogger super inday said...

hi rish!!! man, ibang klase ang hatak natin =p and mark, sige, present company excluded in sweeping generalization =p but really, in my opinion, the men of our age group are less desirable than the women of our age group. or maybe i just have a lot of great gal pals, and not that many great guy buds. also consider the fact that i have high standards for men (i'm sure you recall THAT conversation =D)

Thursday, September 16, 2004 3:53:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home