Google

Monday, April 04, 2005

in memoriam

I knew her since high school. Maybe even before that. I don't quite remember. I do remember, though, her bubbly personality. She was the type who would find the good in everyone, in everything. She loves the world, and the world loves her.

Whenever people see her, the first thing they would notice is her harelip. But they soon forget that little detail once she's charmed herself into their hearts. She didn't dwell on her looks. And that's what made her beautiful.

She was smart. Funny. Talented. Simple. Reliable. Selfless. Considerate. Understanding. Patient. She was a lot of things to a lot of people.

She knew pain and hurt and sorrow. But she took all these with a smile. Always a smile.

I lost track of her after high school. She was supposed to meet up with me and other friends early this year, but she couldn't make it. She had to tutor her 14-year-old sister that night.

We weren't really good friends, but it didn't matter. She's one of those people who can get along with anyone. Because she spends more time loving people than judging them.

She died in a car accident early this morning.

She just turned 26 exactly two months ago.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I took the time to visit her just an hour ago. It was about 3:00am and I had just come from work. I intended to visit sooner or to attend the mass service but deadlines and calls would not permit.

After waking a few guards and watchers I was able to finally enter the premises.

I had heard that a lot of people had gone to visit over the past few days and one could only really spend a brief moment before having to give way to other people paying their respects.

But here I was... with no one else except her. I spent some time in reflection and prayer.

Honestly, we weren't very close but I always remember her as a joyous person who never hesitated to give a hearty smile.

Looking around, I noticed all the condolence flowers, mass cards and other tokens. The room and hall were empty of people... but there was an overwhelming feeling of love.

I was moved to tears just absorbing what I realized mattered most... that to love and be loved is the greatest honor there is.

Thanks for making me realize that.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 10:01:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home