Google

Monday, March 28, 2005

mother knows best

most days i wouldn't think so. but as i age (uh-oh...) i come to realize the value of my mom's kitchen-table wisdom.

take today. i came home feeling sick in my stomach. i skipped dinner and just went to bed. nobody was home, so nobody made me eat dinner. i woke up three hours later still feeling sick. i ate an orange and drank milk. still sick. then mom came home. i told her i wasn't feeling too good. (she's a doctor, by the way.) she gave me some digestive enzymes. (we don't have antacids anymore, i checked.) then she made me eat some toast, even though i felt bloated and really didn't want to eat anything. after two bites, i already felt better. i had to force down the rest of the slice, and another one after, but i did it 'cause mom said so. and i'm feeling better with every minute that passes.

what would i do without her.

i love you, mom.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

waaaahhhh... i miss my mom :(

-- risha

Tuesday, March 29, 2005 1:15:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home