Google

Monday, March 21, 2005

some days

Some days I just wish I can go back to the time when the most difficult decision I had to make was which color crayon to use.

When all I needed to feel better was some jelly beans or a snow cone.

When the worst mistake I made can be fixed with a fat rubber eraser.

Some days I want to go back to the time when I could just bury myself in books, and nobody would bother me for hours.

When it didn't matter what other kids thought of me, because I know I'm different, and I liked it that way.

When I didn't have to pretend I wasn't hurt or sad or angry, because everyone knows it doesn't take a lot to make a kid cry.

Some days I wish I can go back to when the world I knew revolved around playgrounds and dollhouses.

When I spent most of my hours in the same place everyday, but I didn't mind because I still get to do different things.

When I looked forward to stormy weather because it's the best time to have a mug of warm hot chocolate. With the tiny marshmallows.

When vacations came on a regular basis, and the weekends were never too short.

Some days I wish time would stop, and I could enjoy life the way I did when I was a child.

Some days. Like today.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like your regressing. I remember this high school teacher of mine who told a class that we should all be enjoying our youth coz adulthood sucks. Well she didn't acutually say it sucked, I don't remember her exact words, but it was something along those lines.

Of course I didn't listen to her. I thought "what a fogie of a hag this woman is". Now I realize she's right.

Monday, March 21, 2005 8:29:00 am  
Blogger raymond said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Monday, March 21, 2005 9:05:00 am  
Blogger raymond said...

We can still enjoy certain things for all they are worth without worrying about everything else, even if we are no longer children, and even if only for a few moments each day. It is all in the mind:)

Monday, March 21, 2005 9:07:00 am  
Blogger Madridista Mac said...

Some days I feel exactly the same way...

On another day I would have said "great minds think alike *wink wink*"

But today... I'll just say... perhaps: tired, stressed out, zonked out minds think alike.... *too tired to wink*

Tuesday, March 22, 2005 6:15:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home