Google

Monday, April 10, 2006

run like the wind...

got knocked out of you. that's how i feel whenever i go for a run in the morning.

why the running? well, in my temporary lapse of judgement, i decided to join a 10k run in edinburgh next month. i have four weeks to get ready. and so far, i haven't been shaping up.

i started "training" in february... but the past month has been so hellish that i hardly had the energy to continue my daily runs. (blame it on project work. i have teamed up with two design maniacs. but more on that some other time.) plus, i have developed a shin injury from running the wrong way, aggravated by my flat foot. and finally, my bum knee (right side) has been acting up lately. so no intensive training for the past four weeks. and i've been paying for it.

i've never had good cardio-vascular endurance. but it has improved in march, after a few weeks of running. now i'm back to scratch. aaaagh. some days my lungs give out first, some days my legs. at any rate, some part of my body throws in the towel, and the rest of me goes with it. i seriously doubt i can finish the 10k run in two hours. i'll probably just walk it. for three hours. how stupid is THAT???

i seriously hope my shin splints get better soon, and that my bum knee starts cooperating. for now, i'm just working on my cardio endurance by walking all over london. and a few trips to the gym, using the low-impact elliptical running machine. but even on that, i could hardly keep my pace anymore. so sad. i used to be able to go for 45minutes straight without getting tired. 10k on that thing is easy for me. unfortunately, i have to run on pavement, outdoors. which means factor in foot impact and wind resistance. plus incline. don't even get me started on edinburgh's chilly weather. urgh.

here's to the next four weeks. if i don't make it... i guess i have to switch to more low-impact sports. like swimming. (now THAT is something to look forward to!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Maniniyut said...

try cycling and dragonboat racing ;)

Monday, April 10, 2006 2:35:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home