Google

Sunday, October 03, 2004

soundtrack

sometimes i wake up with a particular song in my head. and it stays with me the whole day. i think of it as the background music in the movie of my life, a soundtrack of sorts.

what's funny is that the songs which go into my soundtrack aren't those that get played on the airwaves these days. songs from a few years back, songs when i was growing up, heck, even songs when my parents were growing up. which is why playing these songs in my head is quite unusual. they're not the result of LSS (which i often have, by the way) or FSS (which is worse, truthfully). exactly how these songs pop into my head i do not know. but they almost always form the perfect audio background to my day when they do. sometimes i would hear a song play in my head during particular "climactic" moments in the course of my day. like i said, it's a soundtrack.

i don't know if anyone else hears music as they go through their day. or if their songs adapt to situations as mine do. maybe i've been watching too many movies. maybe i'm a little crazy. or maybe i AM living in a movie, and everyone else just doesn't get it.

3 Comments:

Blogger RT said...

I actually have a different version of that. I have specific songs for different places. Walking from the bus stop to home is one. Another is from home to church. I guess subconsciously you remember something you watched in a movie or show with the same situation and you adapt it to your own. Hehe.

Monday, October 04, 2004 1:59:00 am  
Blogger super inday said...

background narration? funkeeee! =D i'll keep an eye on your blog ;) feel free to keep dropping by and leaving comments! oh, and welcome to blogger =D

Tuesday, October 05, 2004 2:01:00 pm  
Blogger Madridista Mac said...

As for me, I have soundtracks that are not necessarily associated with locations or particular times of the day, etc. For the most part, the 'soundtrack' of my life is derived mostly from particular situations and of course life's experiences just makes this soundtrack accumulate more songs through time.

Perhaps the timely example for my situation right now (where I am in a perpetual state of confusion and panic in this mad rush to beat deadlines left and right) is Metallica's Frantic. A really cool part of the song has James Hetfield belting out: "Frantic-tick-tick-tick-tock"

One surprise song that also hit me this week was Razorback's "Paghihintay." I'm pissed off as hell with one of my groupmates for her flagrant display of unprofessionalism (if there is even such a word, they should put her picture beside it on the dictionary)... always late (as in 2-3 hours late) for meetings and even prone to surprise no-shows during key meetings with vital files in her possession! I actually woke up yesterday to the thought of wanting to hang her from my window. Anyway, the song goes:

Walang paalam, iyong gawin
Hindi na inisip, huwag nang kipin
Ang laman ng 'yong damdamin isispin
Aabot sa'yo aapaw ang galit
Ang laman ng 'yong damdamin isispin
Aabot sa'yo aapaw ang galit ko

Chorus:
Naubos ang oras sa kakahintay
Walang patawad hindi binigay
Walang paalam, walang babala
Naubos ang oras sa kakahintay Sa'yo!

Walang nagawa ang konting pasensiya
Dinagdagan ko pa pero wala, wala talaga
Ang laman ng 'yong damdamin isispin
Aabot sa'yo aapaw ang galit
Ang laman ng iyong damdamin isipin
Aabot sa'yo aapaw ang galit ko
(Chorus)

The best part it is, she can't understand pinoy so I had a blast belting out the song to the shock of some of my classmates... with my pinoy classmates having a ball knowing who the hell i was singing about. haha!

Thursday, October 07, 2004 3:53:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home