Google

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

oh dear...



He bought me a ticket to the Alicia Keys concert. The one that costs two thousand six hundred bucks. He got it so I can go watch the show with him. Maybe that should have been a big enough clue.

He found out I was working overtime tonight. He called me up at half past seven to ask if I'm still at the office. He was going to pick me up and bring me to MRT station, 'cause he also knew I commuted to work. That's when warning bells went off in my head.

Of course, I suppressed the rising panic. He's been a friend since high school. Well, on-again off-again friend. I don't know if he knows that I remember meeting him in freshman year. But we didn't really get to know each other until junior year... I suspected he had a thing for me then, and, being the immature insenstive girl that I was, I was outright mean to him. Trying to beat him off my track, if you will. It was a love-hate relationship (if you could call it such) that evolved into a not-so-normal friendship. We lost touch in college, but caught up with each other last year when I ran into him in the city's newest melting pot - the "health club," i.e. gym. And in so many years (not to mention relationships) since high school, I figured he'd have given up by now. Hence, my very platonic view of the relationship.

He's the one I bug when I want to go out and everyone else can't. We don't talk much, but when we do, we never skip a beat. It's as if we just saw each other the day before. We go out sporadically. Sometimes he'll just call and ask if I'm busy, then we go out for coffee, a movie, or dinner. When he swings by the gym in my area he lets me know, in case I'm going. (Saturday is really my gym day, for everyone's benefit.) The first time he asked me out after a long time, I had to ask if it was a date. He said no. I take it that answer still holds until today. Although there have been unexpected bursts of exhibited interest on his part.

Like our nights out, his visits to my blog are irregular. So I wouldn't know if he'll see this post or not. But, unlike the subject of an earlier post, I'd much rather that THIS guy would read my blog. Beats going up to him and asking point-blank, "Hey dude, do you still have a thing for me???"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home